Sovereign Homepage:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ www.darquehalo.com/sovereign ]

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raiding Rules and Etiquette

Go down 
+5
lumindus
hoots
Eddiemak
unholier
Gravereign
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravereign

Gravereign

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Raiding Rules and Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Ok let me first start this off by stating that this is not directed toward any one person in particular so do not assume that this is aimed at you.

First and foremost, you will do as you are told. We are polite, but there comes a time when polite becomes firm, becomes rude. There are no superstars in this raid, if you feel you are doing the right thing by not listening to instructions and doing your own thing you are WRONG. This is a TEAM effort and if you can't follow instructions you WILL be called out by name in raid if you establish a pattern of not following instruction.

Secondly, damage meters will NOT be spammed in raid, in party, or in guild at any time. Period. If you do this you will be told in rude fashion that you are doing wrong. If you are so worried about damage meters that you are constantly pulling aggro from the tanks or not doing your job you're doing the WRONG thing and hindering the progression of this raid. Notice a theme? TEAM EFFORT. Fuck your personal damage and fuck your ego, check it at the door. I am not leading this raid to be the glorious end all be all of raid leaders, I am leading it because I want to get this guild and it's members through new content. I could give two shits if you got two crits in a row, Omen is a mandatory raid addon for a reason, if you consistently pull aggro it's YOUR FAULT.

Disrespect of any kind, calling someone out and pointing out what they are doing wrong is expressly forbidden. The only people that need to call someone out in raid are the raid leaders (Grave, Benefactus, Rahzel) or your GM (Unholier), and there is a reason we do that. The rest of you will keep your mouths shut.

Playing music, mouthing off, being openly disrespectful via vent or even in text, screaming or yelling in vent, and general stupidity will not be tolerated. You are all adults, control yourselves, and know when to SHUT THE HELL UP.

If you make this raid not fun for the rest of us you will not recieve and invite the following week. Consistently fuck up and not listen to instruction and you will not recieve an invite the following week. It is your responsibility, your DUTY to follow instruction and not try to do what the hell you want, hence fucking up our attempts at bosses. If you cannot be mature enough to be a team player and help your guildmates and raidmates progress, you don't need to be a part of our team.

Excessive fucking off is becoming a problem, this raid is fun when everyone's moving along and smoothly. It is not fun when we have to constantly reprimand or correct you for doing wrong. We have a good solid foundation, lets not let petty screwing off mess up what we've taken so long to build.

Feel free to post your thoughts and concerns.
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: in addition....   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:07 pm

One thing I'd like to add to this post is an issue that Brandy and I face is we feel is becoming a growing problem. We sit there and listen to Rob, Quan and others have mental blow outs during raids ( this is not an insult, plz do not take it that way, just me proving my point )..saying things like "look assholes, get your heads out of your asses" "__(insert name here)__ you're not on the Star, get over there NOW"

But when Brandy or I, get a firm tone to our voice and say "I need this from you" people are getting "stung". I'm not sure what that's all about. We have different personalities and just because we are female or not Rob or whatever the issue is, needs to be squashed post haste.

I can honestly say that if you have a problem being told by myself or Brandy to behave, you can leave the guild now without a single hurt feeling from us. It is NOT a bad thing when personalities do not mesh well, HOWEVER, we ARE your guild leaders and if you don't like it, you need to find a guild who's structure you are more zen with.

It's increasingly stressful to raid with people that are constantly fucking off and making her or I (even Rob or Quan) feel like we're stick in the muds because we ask you to keep the playfulness down a notch. Raid time is NOT your time to come in and act like a fool. ESPECIALLY when we are learning NEW content.

Prime example: If I tell you to make a certain channel. You shut the hell up, make the proper channel and go into it.

IF another person makes a snide comment or disregards what they're told again, you'll be removed. No excuses. No exceptions. I have no "power trip" issues. I could give a shit (to be plainly blunt) about trying to control people on the intraweb. I have plenty of more important things in my life to do than to say "I haz a WoW Guild and I iz teh bestest guild leedur"

What I DO have issue with is blatent disprespect of authority who has shown you every bit of respect and decency and deserves nothing LESS than the same in return.

I may joke around about being dominant or psycho ...(okay maybe it's not a stretch that I'm psycho =X) but the truth is, I just don't take shit and I won't be treated a certain way. If I was an unreasonable GM or asked you to do unreasonable things, I would expect such childish mocking, disregard, etc...but not one of you can say that you've been mistreated or asked to do something completely out of spectrum for your capabilities.

So I want you to read this and really take a good look at yourself. I have 4 boys, ages 8-16 and they all show more maturity and respect for authority than some of you do. This is not a point of fingers, if you're taking offense, than perhaps you're feeling guilty..I can only speculate. This is a GM coming to you and asking for you to just assess your own actions and whether you're in this guild for the right reasons.

I can assure you, Brandy nor I will hesitate to remove or reconsider invites to end game content for those of you who cannot show some level of concentration and ability to follow instructions. Grave may be the raid leader, but in the end, she and I can nix your participation.
Back to top Go down
http://unsaintly.com
Eddiemak

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:19 pm

i must say.....i usually mute my mic on vent at the start of a raid...becuz well lets face it...im a douche bag...if i kno something annoys someone i will more than likely keep goin til they wanna kill me....but since i had to explain some shit i had it unmuted when i prolly shoulda had it muted ><...and uhhh....stuff about raiding....that is all flower
Back to top Go down
hoots

hoots

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:48 pm

i also do the same cause i get loud sometimes soi do mute myself andi did forget bout that tonight
Back to top Go down
lumindus

lumindus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:33 pm

I keep my mic off cuz i'm new to raiding. If I screw up you don't need to be rude. Actualy the effective aproach is to explain what i did and i will correct it. I promise. It looks like I will be using my Shadow Priest (lumecast) asmuch as I can. I will be using my rogue (luminder) when needed. Any suggestions from people to raid with either I will greet with an open mind What a Face
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:38 pm

I think in short Wink was that we are -not- rude and that we are human, so our frustration may come through when we have to say

"bunch up on the star"
"bunch up on the star"
"bunch up on the star please"
"Kkkkaaaaaaaay bunch. up. on. the. star"
"HUG THE GD STAR'S NUTS"
"PRETEND YOU LIKE NUTS AND HIS ARE WAVING YOU TO COME HITHER AND HUG THEM!!!!!!!111111111111"

do you see where this is going? lmao
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:51 am

.."HEY U GUUUUYZ, SUK TEH STARZ NUTZ, MK THX!"
Back to top Go down
Sodza

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:52 am

So... we've established we all are to like nuts. .... afk to go rethink my sexual preference. lol!
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:39 am

sometimes you feel like a nut...sometimes you don't No
Back to top Go down
Mav

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:45 pm

I only posted dmg in guild chat as i had left raid and was asked in vent what mine showed, there was no epeenery involved. I would've done it in a whisper but i didn't know who was speaking.

Won't happen again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Shit happens, dude! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:38 pm

you have no peen!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:07 am

"There is no peen." -watches it bend in half and do a loopy.-
Back to top Go down
Sodza

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:33 pm

On a more serious note. I don't like being mean. In fact, being mean pisses me off. Even more than what pissed me off to have to be mean. Sad And sometimes.. if I sound pissed off... I'm not. I'm just always in a lot of pain. No excuse, but I can't always keep the edge out of my voice. So unless I'm like.. "GRRRR YOU SUCK" I'm not mad. Promise. Razz And if it offends you for me to be politely mean, then I can be truly rudely mean. I cuss like a sailor. Contrary to belief.

But other than that, tighten it up, and have fun, dorks. pirat
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Cuss at them, they take it better. lol!
Back to top Go down
Malsumis

Malsumis

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Alcedonia wrote:
Cuss at them, they take it better. lol!

Oh OH! LET ME LET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Rules and Etiquette   Raiding Rules and Etiquette I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raiding Rules and Etiquette
Page 1 of 1