Sovereign Homepage:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ www.darquehalo.com/sovereign ]

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important: Concerning Gravereign

Go down 
+9
Galorne
Katherinne
Alcedonia
Malsumis
Mav
Rizion
Ezmarelda
Kenny
Sodza
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Sodza

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Important: Concerning Gravereign Empty
PostSubject: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:20 pm

Sometimes, in the life of a person, shit happens. And it's not good shit. And though we try to power through it and not let it affect us or our abilities.. it doesn't always work. I speak from experience here, trust me.

Our dear and beloved raid leader, Mr. Grave, is another one of those people who know from experience. He has a serious shoulder injury he picked up from his work, and though he's tried to not let it bother him, it does. It hurts him a lot. That's why he's bitchy. And it affects his tanking ability. Much as he'd like to not think so Razz

So here is what I present to you all. When, and if, we can find a replacement prot warrior who we trust as a guild to tank alongside Rofl and I and the soon to come new prot pally.. I say he changes his main to something that won't hurt him as much. Something that doesn't require frantic button mashing.

I know we have a rule against it. There is a good reason for that. But in this case, when someone is actually suffering, in a game no less, I cannot see how it could be a problem. Besides, if his face isn't in a boss's crotch, he might see things a bit clearer. Laughing

However, we leave this to you. If you have concerns, comments.. then leave them here. And be honest. It will require a farm of frost resist gear again for the new guy, and getting used to someone new. But if that person new can come in and enjoy their role and play it well, then I don't see continuing to make Grave suffer.

That's my 2 copper. What's yours?
Back to top Go down
Kenny

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Make him level his mage...rofl...jk..please dont..he can play what he wishes imho.
Back to top Go down
Ezmarelda

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:30 pm

He can play anything he wants, but if he even trys to play a mage again im Gquiting lol just playing but he know he sucks as a mage lmao.
Back to top Go down
Rizion

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:30 pm

OK well whatever works for you , i understand shoulder problems , all i have to say ia thats a bummer =( perks work ,lol well if the guild needs another tank they better be uber like yourself............
Back to top Go down
Mav

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:45 pm

I don't play Mav tanking regularly, so i have to be honest and say i don't really see the massive difference for his shoulder bewteen clicking buttons for a shammy and clicking buttons for a tank. However, i've been told he uses a lot of macros....well i use macros too and i'm DPS.

I spose the pressure isn't there nearly as much though from a DPS perspective, and if this will keep him playing longer and prevent further injury it's the way to go.

Yet i don't think anyone can force him to switch, and we can't expect a new tank to just fall into our laps. The MT is one of if not the most important char for raid progression...we couldn't just recruit. we'd have to run heroics and a kara with him etc, and also test his tps against one of the threat whores....prob me seeing as i have no threat drop.

So i guess it's up to him. And regardless of what he decides there's no harm in having another geared tank in the guild.
Back to top Go down
Malsumis

Malsumis

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Mav wrote:
I don't play Mav tanking regularly, so i have to be honest and say i don't really see the massive difference for his shoulder bewteen clicking buttons for a shammy and clicking buttons for a tank. However, i've been told he uses a lot of macros....well i use macros too and i'm DPS.

I spose the pressure isn't there nearly as much though from a DPS perspective, and if this will keep him playing longer and prevent further injury it's the way to go.

Yet i don't think anyone can force him to switch, and we can't expect a new tank to just fall into our laps. The MT is one of if not the most important char for raid progression...we couldn't just recruit. we'd have to run heroics and a kara with him etc, and also test his tps against one of the threat whores....prob me seeing as i have no threat drop.

So i guess it's up to him. And regardless of what he decides there's no harm in having another geared tank in the guild.

I can touch on this one having played both sides of the spectrum. An enhancement shaman, which is one of the mains rob has and is is most likely (and logical) canidate... is fuckin EZ MODE.

Stormstrike, Flameshock, Earthshock. that's IT. There is no macros, no button mashing, no reaction based anything. you literally use three buttons, and thats if you're trying to maximize your personal dps. If you're maximizing raid dps, it's stormstrike and flameshock and thats it, leaving the 20% nature dmg buff for the ele shaman/boomkin.

The difference between playing a shaman and playing just about anything else is a difference. I played a rogue, and while those are considered EZ Mode too, it's alot more buttons than a shammy.

And with me having a shoulder injury also, though thankfully not nearly as bad as his, I know what he is going through to a lesser degree and the less you have to react, the better.

Go for it, the sooner the better.
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Just to make something clear, no one is making Grave change his main.

We, as a family, try to lead by example. And in doing so, the opinion of those we raid with is being asked.

Tanking really hurts him, he has to move a certain way, his play style is hindered by the injury and a whole mess of other things. Granted, he's made some adjustment to help himself out, but that still doesn't mean on raid days he's not going to be hurting and unable to think clear enough to tank. Tanks have a hard job, they really do. And pain-haze really, really blows beyond what most people can comprehend.

I say go for it Rob. Smile <3
Back to top Go down
Katherinne

Katherinne

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:41 pm

My view on these things is always: he pays his $15 or whatever which gives him the right to play whatever and however he wants. If he is hurting, then by all means, he should play something less stressful.

That all said.. please never ever play fury.. I've never seen anyone die so often and so quickly. Laughing

Hope you get to feeling better... I have a chronic shoulder problem that has been going on for about two years so I can truly empathize.
Back to top Go down
Sodza

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:59 pm

Just to clarify since I apparently wasn't clear... Wink It's not me telling him what to do. It's just us, as a family, bringing it to the people we raid with to see their opinion because we respect your opinion.

I know better than to tell him what to do. Lisa on the other hand..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Shit, I think telling any of us what to do is a death sentence waiting to happen...
Back to top Go down
Galorne

Galorne

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Hey, I totally understand that whole thing. And if he decides to play another toon as his main, he'll know what i've been doin, lol, and he can be alongside me tryin to get gear for my "new" main, lol. Either way, I'd rather him do whatever he wants to do and doesn't hurt, than lose him all together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phoenix66
hoots

hoots

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 5:49 pm

I think he should do what would not hurt him. Its his choice and i love my raid leader so its ultimatly his choice i dont want to say he is replaceable cause he's not but if tanking hurts his shoulder then i wouldlike him to play whatever toon he can play
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Another thing to consider is, if his face isn't in the mobs nuts, he can better see what's going on in the raid and better lead us. A raid leader doesn't always have to be a tank too, he just has to appreciate the hell the entire raid goes through.

However, I think the general consensus is pretty clear, whatever makes you happy, Robbear. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:00 pm

There are always exceptions to rules, and this rule about not changing mains is one of those that could stand to be broken for Rob.

Just please, no mage or fury warrior!

I look at you, Rob, 'cause I know you'll read this, kinda like a brother ... hmmm... a brother-in-wow. Or something. Don't hurt yourself for the game, please. Do what is good for you.
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:22 pm

I love the support that everyone in this guild gives to one another. For those of you who don't know Rob as well as some of us, you will learn soon. Rob is extremely stubborn and loyal. He will sign on even when he's hurting, he will stick it out until the horse is not only dead but bottled and stamped with Elmer's on the Wal-Mart shelves. It was extremely difficult for him the past couple of months to play Grave and the saddest thing about it, is that he /loves/ to tank. I swear, if you guys were here, all you'd see is Mel Gibson screaming out "FREEEEDOM" when he rushes into new boss fights.

However, like Brandy mentioned..he's hurting. I make it a rule not to tell Rob what to play only "don't you dare go on that computer" when I know he's definitely in need of rest. I know that he enjoys his Shamman and that it /is/ easier for him to play because of a few different things;

he doesn't have the stress of keeping aggro ..trust me, he goes ape-shit-button-mashin when he hears my Omen threat meter go off and I do everything I possibly can, right down to auto-attacking, to try and make sure I don't pass him. if you don't believe me, ask him about that argument Very Happy

he also doesn't have to move as much. let's face it, tanks have a LOT to do..it looks easy because he /made/ it look easy and so do our other tanks, ROFL and BENE. it's no secret that people see them tank and get little stars in their eyes.

there's a lot more but I'm already getting a name for myself as the long winded one on the forums so I'll leave it as this -- He wouldn't switch mains unless he had to. if he does decide to, it will be a bitter sweet day for him.
Back to top Go down
http://unsaintly.com
Sodza

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:05 pm

unholier wrote:
it's no secret that people see them tank and get little stars in their eyes

Shocked No wonder they give me so much time to get aggro. It's the pants, isn't?! ... or lack thereof Laughing
Back to top Go down
Myridden

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:23 pm

I don't know if you guys'll go for this, but I'm rapidly raising my warrior. He's 65, now... and I know how to tank. I'd happily fill in the spot when I'm able to be on (non-work-conflicting) and when I'm geared up... if we need another tank.

~Myridden/Ttreez
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:52 pm

I think we need a constant raid tank for 25 man content. But another tank for 5 and 10 man content, I think a lot of the instance whores will love you for. [yes, if you thrive off instancing, I called you a whore, get over it. >=P]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:34 pm

I have another thought here as well ...

Rob is raid leader. He doesn't /have/ to switch mains as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if he gets phat lewt on all his toons, personally. If he were to just bring in Unhallowed until he heals some more, or however long he needs to ... personally, again, I don't think he should have to take a back seat on loot or anything. And then he could still bring Grave in whenever. (Yes, I know it's not all about loot.)

Contrary to popular belief, for instance, Aurmith is still the main of my heart. Celyn is my raiding main, she's the one I'm continuing to gear up and push forward into new content, and to do my best on. But, Aurmith is still No.1 (see my forum name) and always will be.
Back to top Go down
sunari

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:42 am

methinks Lisa needs to Ninjar the account and.....

Important: Concerning Gravereign Purplz10
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/WhiskeyBendr
Mav

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:37 am

i love that pic lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important: Concerning Gravereign   Important: Concerning Gravereign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important: Concerning Gravereign
Page 1 of 1