Sovereign Homepage:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ www.darquehalo.com/sovereign ]

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Of Raids and Respect

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravereign

Gravereign

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Of Raids and Respect Empty
PostSubject: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Alright boys and girls, let me bend your ear again. There is a fine line between simply not thinking along the lines of someone elses's processes and disrespecting them. You can offend someone and not even know it, because you don't think like them, you don't get offended by the same things they do, but your offending actions are not less disrespectful. To alleviate this problem, rules have been set forth and must be abided by to maintain a cohesive atmosphere. We as your governing body do not get highly upset about most actions taken on by the guild or it's members. We only ask that you follow the rules we do set forth, and represent your guild in a positive manner. When you do not uphold these simple regulations it is a blatant form of disrespect whether you feel it is or not, and it will get us pissed off. Guilds fall apart because there are no rules governing them and everyone runs rampant doing what they want. If you want to be a part of ours, you will abide by our rules, period. If you feel you can't, get the hell out, you won't be missed. We've proven time and time again, NO SINGLE PERSON IS IRREPLACABLE. We want a quality of person in this guild that represents the values we uphold, and we've voiced those values several times.

That being said, an issue has come up regarding raid ID's and who is allowed to use them. The rule was placed during a guild meeting not more than a week ago that ALL raids must be approved via Unholier (Lisa), Benefactus (Brandy), or myself. This evening our raid ID was skimmed by another guild via someone who was a member of our raid and another boss was downed in the instance we had cleared 4 bosses in. Now, many of you see no problem in this, being that we had no intentions of going back. However, let me give you a few examples as to "why" this got several members of our guild including your governing body upset. That raid ID was mine alone as the leader of this guild's raid to give permission for anyone else other than our people to enter it and finish off the bosses we did not down. I have sold the ID to another guild in the past for a modest sum and place that gold into the guild bank. This guild OFFERED the gold and asked permission as a SIGN OF RESPECT to us as a guild and me as it's raid leader. There are also other members of the guild that were offended because they were not given the opportunity to attend this raid, with it being taken over by another guild. Yet another sign of disrespect toward this guild and it's raid members, not to mention the regular members outside this guild that help us who were not given the chance to attend this "pug" raid of our instance. It is my decision as the raid leader to discontinue the raid after two nights of progression. It is NOT however anyone else's responsibility nor right to do with as they please in OUR instance. I make the decisions based on what everyone as a whole wants, not just one person. So thinking of yourselves and not anyone else in this guild is yet another sign of disrespect and will not be tolerated in any fashion.

In summary...this, nor anything similar will happen again. Once we finish the raid and if there are bosses still left in the instance it will NOT be given to anyone else but OUR raid unless "I" decide to. Reprimands including gkicks will be handed out to anyone that even attends a raid that I or your GM's haven not given permission to finish, much less give it to anyone else.

EDIT: I dunno what happened to my clarification edit but those people that needed to know already read it.

Last edited by Gravereign on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gravereign

Gravereign

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:04 am

Alright, to clear this up, I'm going to be much more diplomatic about it than my GM would be, as she has no tolerance for some of the bullshit floating around this subject right now.

No, last night when I first logged in and was told about our raid ID having been taken over I was not upset. As I discussed it with other people and thought more about the situation I did take issue with a few things. However, at no point was I boiling over, frothing at the mouth pissed off about anything, if I was, I'd have taken this to another level instead of posting on my guild's message boards and keeping it a private matter and still having the tact to keep names and blame out of it. So in that regard, everyone involved can thank me and kiss my ass and it's your own fucking fault for bringing out the names of the people that were "at fault", whether directly or indirectly involved. And for the record and to squash it permanently, Angi is in no way being blamed by Sovereign's officers, so drop it and leave her out of it. I've shown more restraint than certain posters on this thread and in my tells have. Back to the issue at hand...I "was" however, mildly irritated at the disrespect shown myself and my guild that I wasn't consulted. You all know me, and you all know how protective of my friends and my guild/raiders I can be. To lead a raid isn't simply barking orders and yelling at people for screwing up. It's having a genuine care about their welfare and wants and needs. To put it simply, a great number of the people I raid with were shit on last night. Those that were not online were not given the opportunity to be a part of something they had taken great effort to deal with. My irritation was only heightened by these complaints of members that logged on after the fact and felt slighted that they weren't involved. How would you feel if you cleared most of an instance, wanted to continue, but due to raiding schedules weren't allowed, then logged on the next night only to find out with no consultation of your raid leader who is looking out for your best interests and wouldn't have sold or given the ID away without allowing you the chance to be a part of it, that someone else was clearing what you'd worked so hard to do? I bet as a member of that former raid you'd be pretty pissed off.

This is on my boards as a warning to my guild that the people that were involved on our side have been warned. Plain and simple, it wasn't ever advertised that I was posting this, and it most certainly wasn't meant to cause drama between EXILE and Sovereign. God knows we've had enough of that bullshit, but last night served to show just how high these tensions, still are and the fact that more thought should have been given to the situation, and more courtesy extended. If I have issue with any member of EXILE, you better be damn clear that I'll take it directly to you and not pussy foot around on my message boards bitching like some emotional adolescent.

Grave.

Last edited by Gravereign on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:10 am

Alright you all asked for it. I'm warning you now this isn't going to be pretty for those of you that over stepped a line.

Number one: The -only- people who will chastise in my guild and on my forums is myself, my co-gm and the raid leader. I don't know where anyone else gets off, getting onto these forums and telling anyone off or setting down laws, or telling anyone to stfu.

Number two: I handled this and it was over. Rob had his say on the forums for INFORMATION so that it doesn't happen again.

Number three: If I want to chew asses, I'll do it in person. Not on a forum message board so that our dirty laundry is aired out in a Jerry Springer attempt to have the last word.

I don't care what the hell anyone thinks, first rule of engagement is that -nothing- goes on without Me, Brandy and Rob okay'ing it. We have how many rules in this guild!? Like......THREE? Give me a break and grow up. Get this crap off my board and stop acting like asses.

I'm deleting everything but mine and Rob's post. If you don't like it. I'm sure you can lick me where I pee.

EDIT: Oh yeah..and NO ONE fuckin tells me what to do with this forum or the guild. The end.

Last edited by unholier on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://unsaintly.com
Gravereign

Gravereign

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:11 am

Can I lick you where you pee? /inappropriate post.
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:17 am

/stab with krol blade
Back to top Go down
http://unsaintly.com
Sodza

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:30 am

I will have my say as well. I wasn't going to.. but I believe I will after all. Considering no one has heard very much from me lately anyway, so it's good to have my voice out there too.

Here's the deal. We ask of the guild and its friends very little. We don't have a lot of rules. And I personally don't think the guild needs a babysitter. There shouldn't have to be an officer around all the time to keep watchful eye out. We make the rules for a reason. They require a bit of maturity and common sense and respect for one another. But that's the point.

How hard is.. ask one of us. That means if something comes up and we aren't around and no one can get ahold of us.. then it can wait. It's not that important. It's a game. I promise. You can wait. And there ARE people who can get ahold of us. We also have PMs and email! There is a way. It just isn't always IMMEDIATE.
I promise if we know we will handle it in time. As soon as we can.

The thing I ask personally is for everyone to just start thinking. I get that things happen spontaneously.. I get that some people want to do more than we do.. and we try to give that freedom. But please.. think. Be respectful and think of your fellow guildmates.

Calm down.. respect one another.. and let's have fun. That's it.
Back to top Go down
thefluffyone

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 am

Not sure how long this will be up here, but hopefully one or two people get a chance to read. You know, I sit here scratching my head trying to figure out how forgetful we can be as a guild, and how chaotic things can get if we don't have someone here holding our hands. Even though the drama is cleared with EXILE, it just seems like were headed to the calm before the storm, and with people not thinking and taking responsibilty for their actions, it feels like the tide is just getting rough. Yes, I know what some of you may be thinking, "Oh, look it's the rogue that doesn't show up all the time for raids." and those of you, except Rob/Lisa/Brandy can shove it. I got things to do with my family and that takes priority. The point that I'm just trying to make, is one that has been said before, We should just man up and just take what we give and start acting more like a family and watch out for one another, and maybe, just maybe we can do our own thing without have someone holding our hand.
Back to top Go down
thefluffyone

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:34 pm

oh i know eddie, i wasnt talking about your big boy Razz
Back to top Go down
sunari

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:56 am

unholier wrote:
I'm sure you can lick me where I pee.

Razz ok momma....as you wish
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/WhiskeyBendr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Raids and Respect   Of Raids and Respect I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Raids and Respect
Page 1 of 1