Sovereign Homepage:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ www.darquehalo.com/sovereign ]

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raid Requirements:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravereign

Gravereign

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Raid Requirements: Empty
PostSubject: Raid Requirements:   Raid Requirements: I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Alright folks, I'm going to keep this short and sweet, the other officers of the raid will add to this as they see fit.

First and foremost is paying attention. I have several people throughout the raid that are watching what you do, running programs that show EXACTLY what you're casting, how much damage you're doing, and can generally tell me if you're fuckin off or trying to do the right thing. That being said we will be making cuts in the near future. This is not a raid to let scrubs ride the coattails of people that are wiling to do the work and have the rest of us drag you through an instance that you either A) Aren't geared for and arent' willing to put the offtime in to get the gear via badges, heroics, KZ. or B) Don't have the wherewithal to pay attention, be aware of your surroundings, and do what you're told.

To make your jobs a little bit easier we have a list that will be added to with what is mandatory for raiding with this alliance.

1) Big Wigs or Deadly Boss Mods: Both have several raid features that allow you to see your proximity to other people on certain fights that are too close to you, and have other raid warnings, bars, and alerts that tell you what to do or what special ability is coming up.
A) Omen or KTM/KLH Threat Meters.
B) oRA2 or CTRA main tank windows

2) A working ventrilo client. I'm not going to type out what you need to do just because you're too damn lazy to download something for free and install it so you can listen. You don't have to go buy a mic so that you can talk (God knows I wish some of you didn't have a mic because you wont shut the fuck up), just have the ability to listen to instructions on the fly.

3) Proper consumables for every boss fight. We have a Max Juice policy in this raid and it will be strictly adhered to. You WILL flask OR use one battle and one guardian elixir for every boss encounter (trash mobs not necessary). You will also have a proper food buff during these encounters as well. Coming to the raid unprepared and asking for necessary pots/elixirs/flasks when you get there will not be tolerated. You will be removed and replaced if you cannot take the couple of hours each week it requires to make the money to either buy or provide the mats for your consumables. We will not spend 10 minutes before each encounter passing out consumables to each other. I want everyone prepared for battle. Each group will be assigned a monitor to check each person in that group to be sure everyone is max juiced for the boss fights. Again, if you are unprepared or unwilling to self buff, you will be removed. The rest of us aren't spending the kind of money it takes to drag YOU through something. This is a team effort, not the me show.

Odds and Ends:

Invites start for every raid 30 minutes before first pull, invites and summons stop going out 15 minutes before first pull. NO SUMMON will be given to anyone that can't take the time to type or ask in vent for a summon 15 minutes before the raid starts.

First pull is at 8pm. So if you are required to do buffs on other people you will start them 5 minutes before 8pm and be sure to get with whoever is in charge of setting up buff rotations so you know what your duty is for that raid.

In the event of a wipe we will not take 10 minutes before each pull setting back up for the fight. You know what's required of you get in and get it done.

There is ONE raid leader for this raid. ME. I am the only person that is to be giving people orders unless there is a specific task at hand for one of the other classes to handle. (i.e. Kali or Mad handing out MD rotations) I know my job, don't try to help me do it. If I don't know a strategy for something I will ask someone else to explain. This does not give you free reign to put your two cents in. If you think we could do something a bit different to be successful send me a tell...don't open your mouth on vent and start blurting out bullshit like "we should be doing it this way". Also...there will be no one sending other people tells or telling the folks in their group what they should be doing. You aren't a raid leader, you aren't an officer so keep your mouth shut.

We are instituting a 3 raid minimum for loot policy. Unless we are missing people and have to ask others to join us to help with the encounter, any member wishing to be a regular part of the raid will attend 3 raids before recieving loot. If anyone has a problem with special invitees getting to roll on loot, think of it this way. If that person didn't agree to show up and help you wouldn't have the opportunity to roll on anything anyway.

We will be evaluating raid performance. If anyone is consistently not doing their job they will be removed from the raid permanently. We will not remove you from the raid if you are trying and improving. Those of you unwilling to better yourselves through gear/gems/enchants and wish only to have our raid supply you with your gear, you are about to be rudely awakened. The majority of us have put the time in for heroics, KZ, rep, and other ways to improve our gear, we expect the same from everyone. Again, this is a group effort, and if you arent' supporting the group you don't need to be a part of the team.

We will be asking some of you if you are willing to adjust your spec for the betterment of the raid. Of course we will not tell you your shadow priest has to heal, or your enhancement shaman has to heal, but if you are a build that is completely useless to a raid (i.e. SL/SL Warlock) dont expect a place in the raid. Yes, it's your 15 bucks but if you aren't willing to help the team you can find another team to raid with. We're here to help you, so don't be selfish and think you shouldn't have to reciprocate. There are certain specs that are just horrible for raiding and this IS a progression raid.

More to come but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Grave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My 2 cents worth - take it, don't leave it. :)   Raid Requirements: I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Bring bandages to all raids.

There are times, such as during the Gruul fight, when the healers cannot spare attention on the casters and ranged DPS. It is imperative that, in addition to potions and healthstones, you carry bandages, and USE them. This might require you to get your First Aid skill up high enough to use the Heavy Netherweave Bandages. Anything less is not going to be appropriate.

Don't depend solely on mages for your water and/or food.

Most of the time there will be at least one mage in the raid. There have been times when this has not been the case, however. Do not show up without at least one stack of regular food and one stack of regular water in your bags. We will not be summoning in a mage just to put down a table for folks.

Lrn2play.

If your damage output is lacking, check with others of your class that do higher damage to find out what spell rotation or attack rotation they use. The proper rotation can enhance or diminish your effectiveness by significant amounts.

Have your UI properly set up well prior to the raid.

Especially on patch days, spend however long it takes before the raid to make sure all your addons are either working appropriately or are disabled to avoid hitches during raids. Nobody wants to wait for 'just a second' for someone to reload for addon updates or the like.

Think for yourself.

Don't wait for someone to tell you "It's time to buff" or "Can we have a mage table?" or "What about healthstones?" Think about what is needed from you and then do it. No, this does not mean do your own thing and don't listen to Gravereign, Kali, Mad, etc. This means just what I said. Don't wait to be walked through the raid or have your hand held.

Likewise, check out strats when you are able. DO NOT alt-tab out during a raid to find out what's going to happen next. Look at the strats beforehand, at least a video of the fight, so you have a general idea of what is going to happen. It is not necessary to have all the details, Grave will provide those. An overview is, while not strictly necessary, highly recommended and highly beneficial to everyone in the raid.

After all that, I have to say thank you to those that make this raid group fun and progressive!

Lynne
Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Raid Requirements:   Raid Requirements: I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Hey guys!

Before I start, I wanna make some additional comments to things that were previously said.

Quote from Grave:

"First pull is at 8pm. So if you are required to do buffs on other people you will start them 5 minutes before 8pm and be sure to get with whoever is in charge of setting up buff rotations so you know what your duty is for that raid."

From what I can tell, if you are the following class, talk to these people for buff assignements and general questions about your class for a fight: (if this is wrong, please let me know)
Mages: Celyn
Paladins: Benefactus
Druids: Alaerin (Sorry if I spelled this wrong)
Priests: Taffy
Warriors: Gravereign
Shamans: Benefactus would be a great source or Grave, to my knowledge, we really don't have any regular Shamans. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
Rogues: Unholier
Warlocks: Gravereign (no regular locks tmk)
Hunters: Madwolfe and/or Kaliclaw

Talking to the above will take a lot of the streaming spam of tells that Grave gets. However, if you feel its a question that should be put to him, he is the raid leader, so do it but do it if it pertains to now instead of later. If it can wait till after raid, then do so.

Along with the being on time to the instance, be INSIDE!!! the instance. Nothing drives me more insane personally than buffing a group and only 1 person will get the hour buff because the rest are piddle pissing outside the portal. Once you have your summon, unless you are helping to summon others (AKA 2 people) you should get your ass inside and join the others and await for the raid to start. That way, when summon cut off is done, the other 2 will run in and when they reach the rest of the group, hour buffs will not be wasted. I think that's all I wanted to say about that.

As far as Soulwells and Tables and stuff are concerned, ask nicely and ask BEFORE we throw ready checks to pull plz and ty Smile. Confer with the pally/shaman in your group for aura/totems that best help the entire party, not just you. For example, 1 enhance shammy, 3 rogues, and a mage. Sorry magey, but caster totems will not be a good option Razz That is a very unlikely grouping, but it could happen.

The next one, I feel, is very important and will cut Vent chatter and Raid spam.

If you are missing a buff, send a TELL!!!! to the respective class.

I will be very honest, but a lot of the time, unless your name is in bright yellow (my RL name color AKA Grave) I will not really pay attention to what is said in raid chat. I do not know a lot of your voices, even some of the people I have played with in the past. I find, it's 100x faster and efficient and a little friendlier if you just ask politely for a buff in tells.

Phew, I guess I had a lot I wanted to add to that Cool .

Moving on to the Healing corner... dun dun DA!

First of all, gear: If you do not have at LEAST +1500 healing unbuffed, you may want to reconsider coming until your +heal improves. I wandered through a few different sites and that seems to be the general average. Loot from badges and enchants and KZ will get you there in no time. Gruul's lair in particular is supposed to be the next step from KZ so that makes a lot of sense to me. As stated before, this is a progression raid and if you aren't progressed to where we are, you need to get with people to get there gear wise.

Enchants: You can add +healing to weapons, bracers, head, pants, and gloves. Mana regen is always a good alternative. Also, if you have monster amounts of +heal but your stam is low and you die a lot, consider mixing in stam enchants too. I know Sodza and myself are enchanters and we will be more than happy to do them for you. Not getting them done should NEVER be an option.

Gems: Personally, I like the healing Nightseye and Noble Topaz or the Purified Shadow Pearls. Do a little research into your build and see what gems will fit best for you or stats that are lacking.

Food Buffs: Unlike the rest of the classes, we get 1 real food buff and its only obtained from fishing. Thats right, it's the Golden Fish Sticks. Adds +44 to healing and 20 spirit. Another great alternative is stam food especially if you have low hit points.

Elixirs/Flasks: Elixir of Healing Power (battle), Elixir of Draeconic Wisdom (guardian), Elixir of Major Mageblood (guardian) are the ones that stick out the most in my mind. For Gruuls, I would highly recommend either the Unstable Flask of the Physician or of the Elder. Both are much cheaper than elixirs but again, we healers get the crap end of the stick as the mob that sells these flasks is only available after an event for about 10 mins on EVEN hours. I would just stock up on them when you have the chance so you dont have to worry about it for awhile. If anyone can think of craftable flasks to add, please let me know.

Weapon Oil: Required. If you can't make it, get with an enchanter or AH it up. Either the Brilliant or Superior Mana Oil are good. Personally, I think the Brilliant Mana Oil is better. Adds both to healing and MP/5.

I feel like I am missing something, but that's all I have about healing that I have gathered up from the last few days. If someone feels I have neglected something or need to put more research into something, please let me know. I am trying hard to learn as much as I can as fast as I can so i can apply it as efficiently as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/toranoko
pheonix

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Raid Requirements:   Raid Requirements: I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:52 am

if you have any question about warlocks you can ask me as well since my main is a warlock and has been one for 3 years. And even when I'm playing my tank I'm still watching the warlocks. So be warry. All soulwells should be placed immediately upon entering the instance. and again as soon as the 5 minute cooldown is up pop another one until you do it three times. Do NOT wait till someone asks you.

The best way to get the most outta your gear is to gem for max +hit before you gem for all the others. Remember in raids we are going against +73 raid bosses and with out max hit you are loosing too much DPS due to resists and partial resists as well as out and out misses. You will find you will up your DPS with max +hit by about 12-15% just by gemming properly. +hit>+damage>+haste>+crit. if you have any questions, that is the formula to use. If you have any questions of what your max hit should be ask someone. I only know Warlocks, hunters. mages, warriors and Shamans.

In raiding +penatration and -resistance enchants or trinkets or what ever are useless and just a waist of mats. Any thing for DPS that lowers your threat will give you a higher DPS ceiling.

As per food for warriors. it will depend on what is needed. Either get the +30 stam food or the +20 attack power or +20 agility.

Food for casters should be using the +20 spell damage or the +20 crit. (most should not use this till you are about the 1200 spell power mark and it's you're spec for crit.)

Damage casters should also be using the wizard oils on their weapons. At all times. No excuse since the mats are very cheep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raid Requirements:   Raid Requirements: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raid Requirements:
Page 1 of 1