Sovereign Homepage:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ www.darquehalo.com/sovereign ]

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yay, we're okay!

Go down 
+3
Unblew
Clioratha
Gravereign
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravereign

Gravereign

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Yay, we're okay! Empty
PostSubject: Yay, we're okay!   Yay, we're okay! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 am

Hello all, just got the intrawebz back today. Needless to say this past few days has been nothing less than an adventure. We lost power on Friday night around 11pm central and didn't get it back till Monday. The night of the storm was interesting. While everyone else was dead ass asleep I sat up pacing and checking every window while the wind and rain made lovely music around my house. The wind was something else..this wasn't my first hurricane but it was by far the most harrowing. We lost our back fence and someone's 6 foot tall chimney wound up in our front yard. The satellite dish on top of our house was ripped off and dangling by the cords for a while during the storm and I watched it finally fall, praying it wasn't going to come flying through the patio door where I was standing watching it. Our trees in the front and back yards didn't fare too well either but they're intact for the most part, just missing a few major branches. All in all, everything's slowly going back to normal and I just wanted to drop you all a line letting ya know we're still alive and kickin.
Back to top Go down
Clioratha

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Yay, we're okay! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, we're okay!   Yay, we're okay! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:38 am

I'm very glad to hear that y'all are okay with only relatively minor property damage! Hurricanes suck (well, I guess they blow too....)
Back to top Go down
Unblew

Unblew

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Yay, we're okay! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, we're okay!   Yay, we're okay! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:50 am

So glad to hear you made it through OK, I was worried about you.

I remember how long it took to recover from Isabel and that was just barely a Cat 2 when it hit here. We were without power for almost a week, and the dairy farm up the street had to hire a huge diesel generator for their milking machines.

Dry ice and portable generators FTW!
Back to top Go down
Galorne

Galorne

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Yay, we're okay! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, we're okay!   Yay, we're okay! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:44 am

Glad to hear it!! Hopefully we'll see you guys come back and we can get back to havin fun!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phoenix66
Kawoosh

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Yay, we're okay! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, we're okay!   Yay, we're okay! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:29 am

Glad to hear everyone is safely through the storm. Hope you have a safe recovery.
Back to top Go down
Nitnoid

Nitnoid

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Yay, we're okay! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, we're okay!   Yay, we're okay! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Glad to hear you all are safe. Been asking around if anyone heard from you guys. cheers
Back to top Go down
cathany1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Yay, we're okay! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, we're okay!   Yay, we're okay! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks for posting! I'm glad everyone is ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yay, we're okay! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, we're okay!   Yay, we're okay! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yay, we're okay!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sovereign Homepage: :: General Topics :: Raids-
Jump to: