Sovereign Homepage:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ www.darquehalo.com/sovereign ]

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regular late nights Kara

Go down 
+4
lumindus
Sodza
unholier
Alcedonia
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Regular late nights Kara Empty
PostSubject: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 4:49 am

We had a run this week into kara, for late nights, had a decent turnout, though a bit of a transient crowd. It was a touch rough, but a lot was learned.

That having been said, we're going to start regular late night Kara runs as a matter of course. The general consensus being Tue/Wed Nights Starting at Midnight. The runs will consistently be led by myself and a backup of a so far un-named person. I am new, many do not know me, and I'm a bit of a rookie at raiding any encounter in WoW. I am not a rookie to raid leading in general or playing a tank, however, so we can dooo eeet!

The plan is, eventually to get it down so pat that it turns into a 1 night clear. For now however, with two tanks nominally geared we're planning on two nights. Probably 2-3 hours a night. Whatever it takes to get done. On that note, because I am not as geared as grave, and Regooba is not as geared as B, we almost need to have 3 healers. So we will strive for that.

Please Post if you would like to come and can make a commitment.

MT - Regooba
OT - Baean
H1 - Alcedonia
H2 - Fooman
H3 - Pheledra / Alternate
D1 - Malsumis
D2 - Rahzel
D3 - Lumecast
D4 - Harklyn
D5 - Seksmachine

This list currently includes only those I have talked to in person and know for absolute certain. As you can see, we have several slots to fill. And a reminder, This is going to be a consistent run that happens every week. So if you can make that kind of commitment, awesomeness! If not, that's ok too, it doesn't mean we won't be able to get you in! If we get big response, we'll have to figure something out.

Time: 12Am(Midnight Server) Tue / Wed nights
Place: Kharazan
Point of Contact: Currently Baean

Rules!

Everyone has a different style to their raids. That being said, there are a few guidelines that will need to be adhered to. It sucks but that is the way of things.

1. Not Everyone is a chief. There is a designated raid leader for a reason, as such, if you are not the raid leader, or someone designated to make calls (like the main tank) there is no reason for you to be giving orders in vent (or raid chat). That does not mean there won't be 'oh shit moments' where you have to call something out. That's ok. If you disagree with the strat, or think something is being done wrong, whisper or ask to hold a sec (if possible) so you can whisper the Leader.

2. Vent is primarily for raid instructions. We want to have a good time, but 9 other people are relying on you (and me, and everyone else) to operate smoothly, this means clear communication. Basically, if the raid leader asks for vent to be toned down a bit, honor that.

3. Guild loot rules apply, even if we bring in someone from the outside, that's just common sense. My understanding is this (and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Main spec > Off spec (I.E. Tanking items to tanks first then fury warriors second!) > Alts. we also ask that you use common sense and courtesy with what you can use etc.

4. The raid leader -will- screw up. Everyone will screw up. We ask that it is kept to a minimum and that overly stupid mistakes do not happen, but when mistakes do happen, try not to get upset (I am guilty of this one!)

5. Why me? Because I am consistently on at this time, not currently leading another raid, can do it, and am a warm body to fit the bill. Smile

As always, everything falls under the rules of Sovereign and L and B!

P.S. the long rules are so no-one can say "Oh I didn't know that.. even those that did not read will be held accountable.. course, if they haven't read the post, sucks to be them!

Last edited by Baean on Mon May 05, 2008 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:46 am

I'd like to see it filled completely with guildies, but I'll pug just about anything. /cough/
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:46 pm

Bump, please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: bumpeth   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:21 pm

I think this will turn into a golden raid for you guys and I'm excited for you! I love the raid rules, they are almost identical to how we run things in Sovereign I know that Rob has much respect for Carl as a tank. They have very similar styles, so if you like him as a tank, you'll like Carl. Step up and get involved peoples!

I have respect for Carl but I've never run with him =/ I'll have to get a heroic or something so I can give a more personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://unsaintly.com
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:54 am

Don't play Unsaintly with him, you'll pull your hair out, Li.
Back to top Go down
Sodza

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:55 am

Take Unholier. make him work pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 1:49 am

If you drink the second combat drops, and don't stand up till I need a heal, you'll never run out of mana, how hard is that?!
Back to top Go down
lumindus

lumindus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 1:58 am

I'm Down for it... Lumecast (Shadow Priest)
clown
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 2:09 am

It's not hard for me. But other healers are like affraid and will let you die. What a Face
Back to top Go down
unholier
Admin
unholier

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:41 am

Baean wrote:
If you drink the second combat drops, and don't stand up till I need a heal, you'll never run out of mana, how hard is that?!

if you get eaten by a mob because I'm sitting down to drink and you ran off to play "Smack a Ho" .....I will giggle like a school girl queen
Back to top Go down
http://unsaintly.com
harklyn

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Midnight Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 1:10 pm

I cannot guarantee that I can be on every time, but I would love to be in it if I am. As soon as I can get my wife to get into a raiding guild/something, I should be able to be consistently on.
Back to top Go down
Malsumis

Malsumis

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:02 pm

you realize spouse/children come standard with all guild applicatins. we are a family guild. All she needs to do is talking to one of the Dynamic duo and say "OhHAI, I'm Hark's woman" and she's more or less in, unless she's psychotic and trying to stab them in the face while saying hello.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Just 1 more dps and at a minimum 1 more healer (but 2 preferred! C'mon people, we can do it!)
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:26 am

MT - Regooba
OT - Baean
H1 - Alcedonia
H2 - Pheledra <== Hopefully!
H3 - Fooman
D1 - Malsumis
D2 - Rahzel
D3 - Lumecast
D4 - Harklyn
D5 - Seksmachine Very Happy

Full raid unless Pheledra can't make it! [And if you can't Phel, no hard feelings] And then I have a fill in if we need it! Congratulations everyone, the midnight raid is all guildies!
Back to top Go down
Galorne

Galorne

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:20 pm

thanks for putting that up there Alcedonia, but yes, Seksmachine will most likely be there (and i'm sure if you pretty please Phel she might go too, depending on how late the raid will go, I'm tryin to talk her into it as well) Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phoenix66
Sodza

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:19 pm

Pretty pretty please? With waffles and snow cones?

jocolor
Back to top Go down
pheledra

pheledra

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:19 pm

I will try...I am just ready for bed when midnight rolls around. Since I have tomorrow off I will try to nap so I'm not so tired Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular late nights Kara   Regular late nights Kara I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regular late nights Kara
Page 1 of 1