Sovereign Homepage:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ www.darquehalo.com/sovereign ]

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SSC - Healing Notes.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-02-13

SSC - Healing Notes. Empty
PostSubject: SSC - Healing Notes.   SSC - Healing Notes. I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:14 am

Please note : This is a work in progress as I learn about each boss and which order we intend to kill them in. This is simply how I keep track of each boss and what will work best for our raid healers.

--------------------------------------

Hydross the Unstable - We have this down. It's all about transition from one side of the flag to the other. Move when the raid leader tells you to, keep the party alive. It's really that simple [for healers anyway]. I'm considering splitting the healers into two groups, one group at each flag and having us run across the flag either which way to make transition easier for us, that way we're not trying to figure out where to go, and in theory we'll be able to reach the entire raid from these two vantage points. Feel free to tell me what you think.

Water Form : Water Tomb is cast on a single target every 7 seconds. Stuns for 4 seconds and deals 4500 frost damage over 5 seconds (which means that anyone getting this with a 100% debuff needs to be healed before the DoT ends). It also applies to all people within 8 yards of the original target, but it won't chain to secondary targets.

Poison Form : During this phase he cast Vile Sludge every 15 seconds. It deals 500 damage every 3 seconds and reduces healing and damage done by 50%. It lasts 24 seconds.

During transition, we can not heal. If you're casting a heal you must stop, transition, then heal after the tank has aggro once again. Otherwise your face will be eaten, it blows. We must kill Hydross within 10 minutes, otherwise he enrages, and we're all dead. So, keeping everyone up is really important. Less DPS = more time it takes to kill.

The Lurker Below - We're getting this down too! It's all about positioning and being able to get out of the way of spout, and not getting cleaved by the adds on the center isle during submerge. Three healers on the MT [who also possibly help spot heal, depending on comfort and mana]. One healer per OT and one healer per island [typically the healers on the OT's will also heal an island].

Whirl : Every 15-30 seconds, Lurker whirls all players in melee range for 3000-4000 damage while knocking them back. Melee classes can avoid being knocked back into the water by standing as far forward on the platform as possible without entering the water. This does not affect pets.

Geyser : Lurker targets a random player dealing 3238-3762 Frost damage as well as all players within a 10 yard radius while knocking them back 10 yards.

Spout : Every 60 seconds Lurker does a spout ability, dealing 3238-3762 Frost damage and knocks back any player caught within it for 100 yards. It turns slowly in a 360° circle either counter-clockwise or clockwise starting at the main tank. Players should avoid this by jumping in the surrounding water until it passes. This ability does not affect pets.

Submerge : Every 2 minutes Lurker will submerge under water and adds will spawn. Two per outer platform (ranged), and 3 mobs in the center (melee). They can be crowd controlled and should be taken down as quickly as possible as Lurker will emerge after one minute. They are all crowd controllable.

Water Bolt : If there is no one in melee range the Lurker begins to shoot water bolts at random players that deal 8750-11250 Frost damage.

Morogrim Tidewalker - This is going to be our next boss. From what I've seen on youtube, it does not look like it is going to be very difficult as long as we get our timing down on heals, etc. However, that is not my main concern. My main concern is going to be that every single person has 8000 health fully raid buffed, at least that's what's suggested. This includes clothies. Take your base health, without any buffs, add 1200. That should be an approximate of what your health will be fully raid buffed.

If you fall short of this, there is +30 stam food which is another 300 health, as well as elixir of fortitude which grants another 250 health. If you are still short, you may have to regem to gain stamina. There is also a +150 health chest enchant, as well as a +10 stam patch, but it will over ride any enchants you have on your items, so be aware.

Also, there are other things people can do while they are falling. Priest can bubble [which absorbs 1500 damage] or levitate after watery grave. Druids can shift to cat form while falling, they'll take less fall damage. I'm not sure what pally's can do, I'll be flat out honest. But pally's should [in theory] have enough health/armor with their plate gear. I think if people can do these things without panicking while they're being blown all to hell, we can lower the health requirement to 7500 without having to worry too much, or lower +healing. I've had a priest say that they did Tidewalker with 6500 health fully raid buffed, they also had to be careful what they did, etc. But I'd much rather try to avoid this for too many people. It would certainly make the raid go smoother.

Tidal Wave : A frontal arc debuff dealing 3938-5062 Frost damage while reducing attack speed by 400%. Lasts 15 seconds.

Watery Grave : Every 30 seconds Morogrim teleports four random players under the four waterfalls in his room. It damages each player for 3200 Frost damage after 6 seconds of stun.

Earthquake : An area of effect ability dealing 4000-4200 Physical damage to everyone in the raid every 45 seconds. It has a 50 yard range.

Summon Murlocs : After each earthquake Morogrim Tidewalker summons two packs of six murlocs from the north and south entrance. The murlocs have 17000 health and hit for an average of 400 on plate.

Summon Water Globule : Once Morogrim reaches 25% health, Morogrim begins to summon one globule from each grave. These move slowly toward a fixed player and explode for 4000-6000 Frost damage on impact.
Back to top Go down
Katherinne

Katherinne

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: SSC - Healing Notes.   SSC - Healing Notes. I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Just my two cents worth...

Hydross: Putting healers on both flags will help cover everyone, great idea! During a transition, when they are getting ready to move, I usually try to toss a big heal right before he starts. Then run with him and listen for the cue. Like on the poison side, as soon as he says "aghh the poison" then I start healing because by then he has crossed over. But you HAVE to be on the same side as you already know.
They say the bubbles are worse if you are close to someone so if you have DBM, it tells you if you are. IMO, I also think if you enough heals to get up on the meter a lot, he throws a bubble at you. I think the bubbles are worse than the poison imo since you can't heal yourself and it takes folks a few secs to know you're going down.

Lurker: I think we are getting this just fine. As one of the tank healers, I've been on the ends of the inner ring so when he dives, I've been moving inward in order to 1. not get hit by the adds and 2. try to be able to cover more people and the other tanks. Big thing for me is to not get so involved that I forget to keep myself healed during the underwater stage. hehe

Tidewalker: A lot of this will depend on how we setup to fight him. The critical thing in Tidewalker is when the murlocks are incoming, don't heal and pull their aggro. You have to wait until the pally grabs their aggro. Some people I've gone with took a lock to do the damage and the pally throws the concentration and also heals the lock who's blasting which increases his aggro. Then another pally, etc. heals th murloc pally. So the important thing then is not to heal the lock and pull aggro.

That's what I remember from prior times... worth what it costs ya. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alcedonia

Alcedonia

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: SSC - Healing Notes.   SSC - Healing Notes. I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 5:43 pm

On the Tidewalker fight, that's what B was considering doing! But, we might have another prot-pally coming to play. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katherinne

Katherinne

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: SSC - Healing Notes.   SSC - Healing Notes. I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Also, even during when the bubbles come, you aren't watery graved anymore but you still have the murlocs coming on the same timer. It can get pretty nuts at that transition. Another prot pally would be good for backup.
It can be a mana intensive fight.. heck, I think they all are in there unless you're running around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSC - Healing Notes.   SSC - Healing Notes. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSC - Healing Notes.
Page 1 of 1